Go Green with the brand new Kindle 2!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Water, Water, Everywhere!


Or shall I say, Plastic Water Bottles everywhere. Statistics (from Earth911.com) show that in 2006, Americans drank about 167 bottles of water each but only recycled an average of 23 percent. That leaves 38 billion water bottles in landfills each year. What's even worse? Plastic bottles take 700 years before they begin to decompose in a landfill.

These are numbers that simply cannot be ignored. If you haven't already, go out today and buy a reusable bottle (preferably that is BPA free).

Our top pick...Gaiam's Tree of Life Aluminum Water Bottle. It's chic, it's green, and it's aluminum, so you don't have to worry about any plastic residue or BPA's!

Make this your next step to being a little bit greener. Plus, I learned I drink a lot more water when I have one of these with me at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment